The Giovale Library Undergraduate Research Awards
Congratulations to our 2014 Winners:
The Giovale Library Undergraduate Research Awards recognize students producing outstanding research projects such as: papers, videos, and blogs that demonstrate information literacy and the effective use of Library resources.
A judging committee comprised of faculty, students, staff and librarians will select up to two students as first and second place winners of $200 and $150 prizes respectively. View the judging rubric which will be used to evaluate submitted entries.
To be eligible for the 2014 Giovale Library Undergraduate Research Award you must:
- Be currently enrolled as a undergraduate at Westminster College;
- Have completed the research project under consideration for a credit course or under the direction of a faculty member at Westminster College during either the May/Summer 2013, Fall 2013, or Spring 2014 semester;
- Agree to allow Giovale Library and Westminster College to use your research project and application materials to promote the Award and undergraduate research conducted at the College.
Questions about eligibility should be addressed to the chair of the Library's Undergraduate Research Award Committee, Amy Kelly at (801) 832-2252 or via email at email@example.com.
Award Application Process
Completed application packets must be turned in by Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 and include:
- Award application cover sheet. (Cover Sheet on page 2.)
- A cover sheet and letter of support from your instructor. (Faculty Cover Sheet page 3.)
- A description and reflection upon your research process and use of library tools and resources. (Reflection Tips page 4.)
- A final version of the research project including a complete bibliography with citation style appropriate to your discipline. (The Writing Center has handouts if you need guidance with your bibliography).
Deadline: Tuesday, April 1, 2014, at 5:00 p.m.
You may deliver your application packet to the Circulation Desk at the Giovale Library during regular Library hours or email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be retained by the Giovale Library and will not be returned.