Your time. Your way. Your MSC.
- CEOs used to run the world. Now CEOs speak only after consulting their communication experts. The changing nature of businesses and nonprofits means that they need new kinds of leaders—individuals who possess a mastery of communication, who understand that every thought, word, and action lives on in perpetuity and can be the death of a company or the birth of a brand. Whether you are interested in marketing, public relations, branding, or organizational communication in general, you’ll be prepared to succeed in the workplace with Westminster’s Master of Strategic Communication (MSC) degree. The MSC program is designed to help you to become that leader in a personalized online learning environment, with features you won’t find anywhere else. Fast. Finish your degree in 18 months—putting you on the fast track to career advancement.
- Online Learning. Utilize technology to achieve ultimate flexibility—allowing you to learn when and where you choose without sacrificing interaction with other people. You’ll interact with your professor and classmates on a weekly basis via technology that already have at your fingertips.
- Customized. Each sequence provides information and direction about specific skills and knowledge necessary for high-level communication professionals, but within that framework, you’ll be able to pursue the topics and projects that interest you. Real-world Projects. Put leading-edge theory into practice as you complete five sequences to earn your degree. Each sequence will give you the opportunity to do multiple projects for real clients, including your current employer if you choose.
- Results. You will have the opportunity to revise everything you create as many times as you want to ensure that you are producing high-quality, effective materials that can become part of your professional portfolio. When you finish the degree, you’ll have something to show for it.
- Faculty Support.. Work one-on-one with dedicated, experienced faculty mentors as you solve real-world challenges. Your faculty mentors will help ensure that the program is customized to your needs by listening to you and helping you design a career path that’s right for you.
- Relevant. Build your work portfolio and your network as you work with partner industry professionals who will be your clients. Your classmates will be as dedicated as you are, and you’ll have the opportunity to learn from each other every step of the way.
- Cutting-edge. Participate in a competency-based education (CBE) model. The CBE curriculum means that you’ll demonstrate what you’ve learning in authentic, meaningful ways that go far beyond standardized tests, and you’ll move to the next level when you’ve achieved mastery of each required competency and skill set.
- Respected. Westminster College has been a leader in professional graduate education for more than thirty years. Our online programs combine the tradition of high-quality, personalized learning—the Westminster Way—with the flexibility of online and self-paced learning.
If you’re a working professional who wants to be challenged, it’s time to take the next step with Westminster College and the Master of Strategic Communication program. Request More Information Now.
Here are the top five reasons why our students love the MSC program:
5. You learn by doing. Theory is important, and it undergirds everything we do, but we understand that you want to know how to apply that. The MSC program specializes in helping you apply what you learn.
4. You learn by taking chances. If you try something that doesn’t work, you can do it again. And you don’t have to worry about how that will impact your grade.
3. You learn with other smart and dedicated professionals. The MSC program is a cohort model, which means you’ll go through each sequence with the same group of classmates, people who share your interests and passions. You’ll develop deep and lasting relationships with people in your field.
2. You learn by traveling. At the end of your program, you’ll travel with your classmates and faculty to an international locale to complete a communication project. The trip is paid for by Westminster, so you’ll get the chance to add an international piece to your portfolio at no cost to you.
1. You learn more about what you love. If you are even considering a graduate degree in communication, it’s because you’ve already fallen in love with language. The MSC program is an opportunity to explore communication at a deep level. Why do we say what we say? Why do certain arguments work and others don’t? How do we use visual representations to communicate? What makes a brand effective? All of these questions and more are the focus of what we do.