Job Description: We are currently seeking motivated students with a passion for rock climbing to apply for the position of Climbing Wall Instructor. Climbing Wall Instructors will work with the Climbing Program Coordinator and the Director of Outdoor Programs to coordinate and develop programming for indoor climbing wall members.
Instructors will be required to:
• Ensure the safety of all members through adherence to Westminster College Climbing Wall Policies and Procedures.
• Uphold a high degree of professionalism and customer service to all members.
• Gain competency in operating CSI Software (training provided) to validate members (e.g., all participants must sign an Assumption of Risk form and pass the belay certification test prior to climbing), and manage equipment check-out.
• Instruct basic skills and safety techniques required for belaying, knot tying, and beginning climbing techniques.
• Commit time outside of assigned shifts to help visiting youth groups and special events at the wall, including belaying, basic instruction, and risk management.
Criteria for this position includes: A passion for climbing! Experience working or climbing in an indoor facility or with outdoor climbing, and a commitment to training provided by the climbing program including successful completion of the in-house belay certification and climbing certification. Strong leadership and communication skills, as well as a positive and collaborative spirit are paramount. Students in this position will have the opportunity to train in becoming outdoor climbing instructors for the Outdoor Recreation Program.
All employees of the Fitness, Wellness, and Recreation Department will be required to attend in-depth training. FWRD Staff Trainings will continue on a regular basis. CPR/AED/First-Aid Certification will be included in the training for all FWRD employees.
Please email Jason Blauch at email@example.com to obtain an application.