Assistant Garden Coordinator will provide leadership and oversight to all things garden related. This employee is responsible for assisting the Garden Coordinator in organizing work days, coordinating volunteers, checking the garden regularly, reporting any garden issues to the Garden Committee, overseeing the weekly campus farm stand, identifying and/or providing opportunities for students to learn about sustainable food production, tracking and documenting garden production, and other garden tasks as required.
1)Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide support for the Garden Coordinator to oversee all garden operations Serve as a leader and garden information source for other students
• Represent the campus garden at events and/or meetings
• Recruit and coordinate garden volunteers
• Run the weekly farm stand
• Track volunteer hours and produce production Working Relationships
• Under the direct supervision of the Environmental Center Assistant Director
• Must be comfortable working outside in various weather conditions.
• Work schedule is flexible and hours vary by season.
2) Qualifications Required/Preferred Successful candidates will have the following qualifications. . .
A. Demonstrated commitment to sustainable food production
B. Excellent written and oral communication skills
C. Success working with peers and independently
D. Excellent organizational skills
E. Basic garden knowledge and skills
To apply for this position submit your resume to email@example.com