Mathematics Program Student Learning Outcomes
1. Critical, Analytical, and Integrative Thinking
- To become effective problem solvers.
- In more advanced courses, to learn to read and construct valid mathematical proofs.
- To learn appropriate uses of technology at all levels.
- For majors, to achieve competency in the core curriculum of mathematics sufficient for success in a graduate program.
2. Creative and Reflective Capacities
- To gain an understanding of the historical development of mathematics and its role in the history of human civilization.
- To gain a greater appreciation of the beauty and power of mathematics.
3. Writing and Other Communication Skills
- To learn how to effectively communicate one's mathematical ideas, both in writing and orally.
4. Leadership, Collaboration, and Teamwork
- To offer curricular and co-curricular opportunities for student leadership and collaboration.
5. Career Planning
- To Learn about career opportunities in mathematics and related fields.
6. Global Consciousness, Social Responsibility, and Ethical Awareness
- To engage the community through service learning and other opportunities.
Click Here to go to the Mathematics Program.