Accounting and Information Resource Management Program (ACCT) Student Learning Outcomes
An undergraduate student completing a degree in Accounting and Information Resource Management is able to:
- Demonstrate competence and skills in financial accounting, accounting information systems, federal income taxes, managerial and cost accounting, auditing and related business areas for entry-level accountancy positions, graduate school and/or professional certification
- Demonstrate the ability to utilize appropriate computer skills and applications necessary for success in professional accounting and information systems
- Demonstrate appropriate business research skills by evaluating problems faced by professional accountants and demonstrate appropriate research methodology to relevant standards, rules, laws and principles required to make sound business judgments
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate accounting and business applications in accounting and information systems
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively utilizing appropriate written, oral and electronic competencies related to the accounting profession.