English as a Second Language
English as a Second Language Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will acquire academic writing skills in English in order to write for an American academic audience. This includes learning the process of writing and the rhetorical situation for college assignments. In addition, students will learn cultural expectations of the American audience.
- Students will improve academic reading skills, including reading fluency and comprehension.
- Students will develop strategies for listening and speaking in classroom situations. This includes learning note-taking, class discussion, and presentation skills.
- Students will have the opportunity to adjust to life in the USA and at Westminster College. This includes participating in activities in the community and interacting with American students.
- Students will have the opportunity to receive individualized tutoring assistance to facilitate their learning in academic courses at Westminster College.