Geology Program Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be able to identify the major materials that compose the earth and describe their origins and significance.
- Students will be able to understand and explain the major internal and surficial processes that act on the earth.
- Students will be able to look at maps, outcrops, and other geological data sources and be able to infer the action of past processes from them.
- Students will be able to use the techniques and methods used by geologists to obtain geological data.
- Students will know the large-scale history of the earth, and will understand the evidentiary basis that allows geologists to know that history.
- Students will know the specific geological history of the state of Utah and the Southwestern United States.
- Students will be geologically literate. That is, they will be able to read peer-reviewed geologic literature and to communicate their own research.
- Students will understand and be able to explain the interactions between geologic processes and human activity.
Click Here to go to the Geology Program.