Registering for Internship Courses at Westminster
To register you must submit a packet of five (5) forms or documents to the career center by following the instructions below.
- Must be signed by your site (work) supervisor indicating an understanding of their responsibilities
(3) Your Resume
- Submit a copy of your resume (for tips on how to prepare your resume click here)
- Read carefully
- Print your name on the first page
- Sign and date as instructed on the last page
Why do an internship?
Employers Turned More Than Half of Interns Into Full-Time Hires
For students looking for a foot in the door of an employer, there’s more evidence that taking part in an internship could be the answer.
Employers responding to NACE’s 2011 Internship & Co-op Survey reported that 39.1 percent of their entry-level hires from the Class of 2010 came from their own internship programs. In addition, they reported converting, on average, nearly 58 percent of their interns into full-time hires.
- Spotlight for Career Services Professionals - April 27, 2011