Waiver of Liberal Education Requirements
Associate Degrees—Utah and Out-of-State Institutions and Letters of Completion (Utah Schools only)
Students who have Associate of Arts (A.A.) or Associate of Science (A.S.) degrees from regionally accredited institutions or have official letters verifying completion of liberal education requirements from a Utah institution are considered to have completed the following LE requirements:
- All Humanities liberal education requirements
- All Arts liberal education requirements
- All Science and Mathematics liberal education requirements.
- All Social Sciences liberal education requirements
- The Learning Community liberal education requirement
- The Living Arts liberal education requirement
The A.A. or A.S. degree does not exempt students from completing the following liberal education requirements:
- All Writing and Communication Skills liberal education course work
- ENGL 110 equivalent
- SPCH 111 Public Presentations equivalent and
- Information Literacy Workshop required of all transfer students who transfer in the equivalent to ENGL 110
- One course to meet the Diversity liberal education requirement (see the liberal education page for individual courses approved for this category).
Students who have Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degrees are not eligible for waivers.
Students should note that certain liberal education courses also serve as prerequisites or are required courses in their academic programs and would not be waived, even if a previous A.A. or A.S. degree has been attained. All students are advised to check the catalog for individual program requirements.