Applying for Admission

How to Apply

Students must submit:

Incoming freshmen must submit a final high school transcript documenting a high school graduation date prior to beginning classes. All records submitted to the college become the property of Westminster College as part of each student’s permanent record and are not returnable.

When to Apply

High school seniors should apply for admission early in their senior year if they plan to enter the college during the following Fall semester. Transfer and international students should apply at least three months prior to the beginning of the semester they plan to attend.

Notification of Admission

Applicants receive a letter notifying them of their eligibility for admission approximately two weeks after the Office of Admissions receives all required materials (application forms, transcripts, and test scores). Transfer students receive a separate summary of transfer credit evaluation.

Once the applicant has been advised of acceptance, a $250 tuition deposit must be submitted to guarantee a place in the entering class. Checks should be made payable to Westminster College and sent to the Office of Admissions. Tuition deposits may also be submitted online at

The tuition deposit should be submitted within 30 days of acceptance, or (for those students applying for financial aid) within 30 days of the student’s receipt of his/her financial aid award notice. Students who need additional time should contact the Office of Admissions. The deposit is credited to the student’s account and is deducted from tuition at the beginning of the semester.

Students planning to live in campus housing must submit a housing contract and a $200 room reservation deposit by the deadline date published on the website or housing contract to reserve a place in the residence halls. Housing deposits are refunded in full if a written cancellation is received on or before the deadline for a given semester.

Students planning to live in campus housing must also submit: 1) a medical release form, 2) confidential health questionnaire, and 3) immunization records to the Director of Residence Life. These medical forms are required of all students who live in campus housing. First-year students are required to live in campus housing during the fall and spring semesters. Exceptions may be granted in specific situations, including for students who plan to live with family in the Salt Lake City area. Please see for the Exemption Request Form.