Academic Renewal

After at least one semester’s grades have been posted, a currently enrolled undergraduate student may petition the Registrar in writing for academic renewal. This is a procedure which allows students to request that their academic records be reviewed for the purpose of discounting for grade point average computation all courses bearing grades of D+ or lower and entered on the academic record ten or more calendar years prior to the request. Under this procedure, courses meeting the criteria do not count toward the total hours, upper division hours, or liberal education hours needed for graduation.

The renewal option can be used only once during a student’s undergraduate career. This procedure does not apply to graduate students or students pursuing a second undergraduate degree.