Master of Science in Mental Health Counseling (MSMHC)
Admission to the program is based on an evaluation of demonstrated academic ability and potential for success in therapeutic counseling settings. Students enter the program at the beginning of the Fall semester only.
To apply, candidates must submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Completed application form
- $50 application fee
- Graduate applicant survey form
- A personal statement which addresses the candidate's career goals, reasons for selecting Westminster for graduate study, and practice/research interests.
- Three letters of recommendation from a current or previous supervisor of professor who can address the candidate's academic and interpersonal skills relevant to the practice of a professional counselor.
- Official GRE score taken within the last 5 years
- Proof of clear state and federal background checks at the time of admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended showing proof of baccalaureate degree earned from a regionally accredited institution.
When an individual's application file is complete with required documents and according to application dates, the application materials are evaluated by the MSMHC Admissions Committee. Once accepted into the program, the applicant must submit a $250 tuition deposit within 30 days or less, which guarantees a place in the entering class. Westminster operates rolling admissions, so it is best to apply as soon as possible. To preserve the faculty to student ratio, space availability in each class is limited. Westminster College reserves the right to close the class earlier than dates specified if enrollment goals are met before those dates. See important application dates at westminstercollege.edu/graduate.