Check this page for highlighted needs in the community.
See our newsletter for more opportunities.
- November 18th at 7 PM in the Center for Civic Engagement in the Bassis Center.
- Nina Vought will join the Center for Civic Engagement for a night of Veganism.
- Vegan snacks will be provided and we will watch a documentary as well.
- If you have any questions, please contact Robyn Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual Hunger Banquet
- Annual Hunger Banquet will take place on November 20th at 5:30 PM in the Center for Civic Engagement in the Bassis Center.
- Come eat food and learn about hunger and poverty all over the world!
- Please bring some canned food or a donation for admittance!
- For more information, please contact Karson Eilers at email@example.com.
OneCare Home Health and Hospice
- Volunteers are able to help in various ways according to patient needs. Sitting with a patient, listening and recording stories, life histories, playing board games, reading books or magazines, offering social and emotional support, some light housework or yard work, raking leaves, sitting with a patient so family can run errands, and many other things are included in this opportunity.
- Requirements for volunteering: 12 hours of training, passing a background check and TB test.
- To volunteer, please contact their Volunteer Coordinator/Chaplain Katie at 801-542-7384.
- Additional information can also be found at their website: www.onecareutah.com.
The Work Activity Center
- Work with the exercise specialist to provide exercise programs to adults with disabilities.
- Help apply exercise programs to the clients as well as socialize with them.
- To apply and for any questions, please contact Lisa Mapa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No-cost psychiatric clinic for uninsured, low-income children, adolescents and adults on the Wasatch Front.
- Have a high need for Spanish interpreters at least 2 hours per week.
- Offer volunteer perks for ongoing, committed volunteers.
- The clinic is open Monday & Tuesday during business hours.
- For more information and to apply, plesae contact the Office Manager, Nikki, at email@example.com.
Cottonwood High School Tutoring
- Tutoring in Math, English, History, Science, & Social Sciences.
- Volunteers are needed from 9AM - 3:30 PM.
- For more information and to volunteer, please contact Truc Nguyen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 801-856-0606.
Maliheh Free Clinic
- Maliheh Free Clinic is for those who have no insurance and cannot qualify for Medicare or Medicaid.
- Volunteer positions include: Nurses, EMT, CNA’s MA’s, phlebotomists, Spanish interpreters, Resource and Office.
- Two time shifts are available: The Morning shift is 8:45 – 12:30 and the afternoon shift is 12:45 – 4:30. Open Monday-Thursday.
- Contact Tammy Garfield, volunteer coordinator at 801-266-3700 option 2 or by email at email@example.com.
For more volunteer opportunities see our current newsletter.
Last updated 11/6//2014