The following computing resources are available for conference attendees at Westminster.
Please check with the Conference
at (801) 832-2900 for additional questions
or to request guest accounts.
Technology Resources Available for
All Conference Attendees
All conference attendees are welcome to use the Westminster campus network
for connecting their own laptops to the Internet.
The following policies
- Visitors are welcome to bring their own equipment (laptops and projectors)
to campus. They may use the available network drops located in the campus
buildings where their conference is being held.
- Visitors may not unplug, move, or in any way modify campus equipment.
- The college is not responsible for conference attendees' equipment
and will not provide any technology support or setup assistance.
- All attendees are bound by and must adhere to Westminster's Responsible
Use of Technology statement (available online on the Technology
Guest Account Creation and Privileges
As a paid service charged through Conference Services, Westminster's Information
Technology Department (IT) will create guest accounts for conference attendees.
These guest accounts are
on an "all-or-nothing" basis,
meaning that IT will only create them en masse for all attendees affiliated
with a particular conference.
The following policies apply:
- IT requires a minimum of thirty days notice from the Conference Services
Director for guest account creation.
- Conference directors will work with the Conference Services Director to
determine which campus computers attendees will have access to (based on
held and whether or not conference attendees are using the campus residence
- Guest accounts will only be valid during the conference dates and will
automatically expire after the conference.
- Guest accounts will only have access to the Internet, local software
applications, and black-and-white printing (no networked software).
- Conference attendees may not change or in any way alter the college
computing equipment. This specifically prohibits changing user settings
computers, adding or unplugging any hardware, and installing software.
- Westminster will not provide data storage or recovery services including
file storage and email accounts.
- IT will provide no technical support for conference attendees.
This includes access to IT staff, Lab Help Desk staff, ResNet
the IT Support
Phone. The only exception to this would be Guest Account login
problems which will
be resolved by IT through the Conference Services Director.