First Generation Network
The First Generation Network is a new program designed to support students who are the first in their family to attend college, aka first generation college students. This program also seeks to support students historically underrepresented in higher education; including African American, American Indian, Asian American, Latin, and Pacific Islander students.
The First Generation Network will engage participants during their first year of college through fun social activities, culturally relevant events and programs as well as one on one interactions with historically underrepresented students who have completed their first year at Westminster.
To join the network contact Vannessa Vega at email@example.com or Lu Marzulli at firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity Heritage and Awareness Lectures
These campus-wide talks coincide with Heritage and Awareness programs that focus on a different historically underrepresented group each month. This series features nationally recognized scholars, activists, and community leaders.
- Student Organizations/Clubs. This is a sampling of clubs and organizations that are committed to representing students from diverse and marginalized backgrounds: Alphabet Soup, Black Student Union, Feminist Club, Griffins for the Greater Good, Latin@ Club, Students Advocating for Youth (S.A.Y.)
- Venture Course in the Humanities
- Clemente Program
- Teaching to Increase Diversity and Equity in STEM (TIDES)
- McNair Scholars Program
- NWCIT Pacesetters 2016 cohort includes Westminster College
- VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
- 2015–16 Bastian Foundation Diversity Lectures
- Faculty hiring guide
- Postdoc program
- 2015–16 Griffin Grants, including Reflective Community Conversations and Walkways to Westminster Bridge Program
- Walkways to Westminster, Dumke Center for Civic Engagement
- Promise South Salt Lake Partnership, Dumke Center for Civic Engagement
- Tutoring and mentoring, Dumke Center for Civic Engagement
- Mentoring. First year network, alumni mentoring program, gold to grad.
- Write Here
- Step Out