Westminster Chamber Singers Auditions
I. When & Where
II. What to prepare
Solo Selection: bring a song of your choice (any genre) that requires piano accompaniment
If you do not have a solo song, the first verse of “Amazing Grace” or "America the Beautiful" will be provided.
Please vocalize and be completely warmed-up prior to your audition. Practice room access is available at the Music and Theatre Box Office.
III. Vocal Exercises
- Dr. Quinn will play a series of vocal exercises to explore your range, tone, vibrato, etc.
IV. Musicianship Skills
- Sight-sing 4-8 measures of an unfamiliar song (supplied at audition).
- Clap and count an unfamiliar song (supplied at audition).
- Sing a major scale upon request.
V. Repertoire suggestions
- In an audition, it is extremely important to choose a song that you truly love and one that you can sing expressively.
- Choose a song that highlights the beauty of your voice.
- Choose music that shows your vocal range. For example, if you are auditioning as a soprano, sing a song in the soprano range.