A private comprehensive liberal arts college in Salt Lake City, UT, offering undergraduate and graduate degrees in liberal arts and professional programs. Website

Transfer Students

2016–2017 General Scholarship Information

Apply now! Westminster’s transfer student scholarship and grant support is designed to help you finish what you started and finish strong!

We are currently reviewing applications and awarding scholarships and grants for our Fall 2016 entering class and listed below are our current merit aid opportunities for Transfer students:  

Award Designation

Award Amount

Cumulative Transfer GPA

Transfer Presidential



Transfer Dean's



Transfer Founder's



Westminster Success Grant




Phi Theta Kappa Members


 **In addition to your merit-based scholarship listed above. 

Yellow Ribbon Scholarship


Estimated award covers tuition costs -VA Eligible

 When you apply and are admitted to Westminster College, we automatically consider you for merit-based scholarship and grant awards. In the fall 2015 semester, 92% of new transfer students received a renewable merit scholarship or grant. Merit scholarships are based on a student's cumulative transfer GPA. Students with less than 30 earned college credit hours will be also be required to submit a high school transcript and the high school GPA may be used for determination of merit scholarship eligibility. 

Even if you don’t meet the minimum merit aid requirements, there is need-based financial aid available that is awarded on an individual basis to students who have filed the FAFSA and have demonstrated financial need.

Apply. You’ll receive a decision soon after your file is complete. With our rolling admissions process, your application will be considered until we have filled our class and the selection process closes. If there is anything we can do to help make the decision process easier for you please do not hesitate to call your admissions counselors at 800-748-4753 or (801) 832-2200 or financial aid counselors at (801) 832-2500.


Need-based Aid

Undergraduate transfer students can apply for federal, state, and institutional aid programs by completing a FAFSA. Check out information on loans, scholarships, and work study programs for the best options for you. If you are transferring to Westminster College starting fall semester, you will need to complete a FAFSA or a Renewal FAFSA and send it to the Department of Education. Students who are transferring to Westminster starting spring or summer semester and have already completed a FAFSA will need to make sure that Westminster College is listed on their Student Aid Report. If not, call our Financial Aid Office at (801) 832-2500 and we can assist you in electronically adding Westminster to your financial aid application.

View scholarship terms and conditions.