Community Education - Spring/Summer 2013
|Reiki: The Art of Healing Energy||Get Golf Ready|
|CRUSH : Session 2||Beginning SCUBA Diving|
|Beginning Golf Session 1 & 2||Jackie Sorensen Fitness Classes|
|Mindful Teaching: 300 Hours of Continuing Education In Yoga||Yoga Basics Session 1|
Creating Results to become Unbelievably Smoking Hot. Five weeks of intense workouts. No excuses, no whining, just plain hard WORK! It's NOT gentle, but it IS effective. Register online HERE. Session 1 is FULL!
- Dates: Session 1: Mondays & Wednesdays, April 29 - May 29 - FULL
- Dates: Session 2: Mondays & Wednesdays, June 19 - July 31 (no class on 7/24)
- Time: 7:00 - 8:00 am
- Place: Eccles HWAC
- Cost: $50 (refundable if you do not miss any classes)
GET GOLF READY: The birds are singing, the sun is shining, and it’s getting warmer! So it’s time to join PGA Apprentice Professional and personal swing coach to many of your favorite Griffin Golfers, Mike Nickas, to GET GOLF READY!
Get Golf Ready is a four-session golf tune-up program designed for those with some golf experience to knock off that winter rust and get you ready for the 2013 golf season! Whether you are a regular weekly league player or someone that just likes to get out on the links a few times a year, this class will have something for you! In just four week’s time you will tackle all the major shots from the green to the tee and kickstart your game for a fantastic 2013!
Practice balls will be provided for the class courtesy of Rose Park Golf Course. Register online HERE.
- Dates: Tuesdays, April 23rd - May 14th
- Time: 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Place: Rose Park and Jordan River Golf Courses (1386 N. Redwood Rd.)
- Cost: $75
This is perfect for any one who would like to begin a yoga practice or move deeper into their existing yoga practice. We will focus on the 8 limbs of yoga—including postures, breathing, meditation, chanting, etc. The teacher, Jacqueline Morasco, has been teaching yoga in SL for over ten years and has a special interest in making the practice as individualized as can be. She likes to take a gentle approach while strengthening and stretching the body, mind and breathe. Register online HERE.
- Cost: $70
- Dates: April 27, May 4, 11, 25, June 1, 8, 15
- Time: 9:30 - 11:00 am
- Place: Eccles HWAC Studio
Beginning Scuba Diving is designed to introduce students to the joy and excitement of scuba diving. Through home study, class sessions and pool sessions, you will learn the essential information to scuba dive safely in a swimming pool. After the initial classes at Dive Utah, you can choose to complete Open Water training at the Homestead Crater in Midway and complete your PADI Open Water Diver certification. This prestigious certification is internationally recognized and will allow you a lifetime of scuba enjoyment. Fees include classroom and pool instruction, texts, scuba gear rental, open water instruction, and Homestead Crater entry fees. Register online HERE.
- Cost: $399
- Class Orientation: Monday, TBA, 6:30-7:30 PM, Location TBD
- Classes at Dive Utah TBA (Dive Utah, 4679 S 2225 E · Holladay, UT 84117)
- Additional Class at Homestead Crater - TBD
This class is perfect for anyone thinking about taking up the game or for people that have been playing golf for awhile, but have never really had any formal instruction. You'll learn the five major shots including putting, chipping, pitching, irons, and tee shots; as well as learn about the rules and history of the game, club design, etiquette and how to develop good practice habits. Sign up for this course and you will be well on your way to enjoying the game of a lifetime! Don't have your own clubs? Free rentals from the golf course if you are enrolled in the class. Register online HERE.
- Dates: Session 1: Tuesdays, May 28th - July 2nd
- Dates: Session 2: Tuesdays, July 16th - August 20th
- Time: 5:30 - 7:00 pm
- Place: First class will meet on campus, location TBD. After the first class, lessons will be held at Rose Park and Jordan River Golf Courses (1386 N. Redwood Rd.)
- Cost: $130
Workout with Jacki Sorensen's Fitness class. We combine stretching, flexibility, corework, weight training and aerobic exercise into each class. Jacki's classes use upbeat and motivating music. Participate at your own level. Enjoy a safe, effective approach to fitness.
Jackie Sorensen Step Aerobics: Class format: Each class begins with a light cardiovascular routine. Without stopping you move on to a vertifirm exercises which gives you a complete workout that strengthens and firms your upper and lower body. Use of hand weights are optional during this segment of class. You continue with corework, abdominal exercises and pushups. Next is the cardiovascular segment of class to shape up your heart and give you more energy. Finish class with a cooldown to lower your heartrate and leave you feeling great about all you've accomplished in one hour. Register online HERE (available soon).
Jackie Sorensen Dance Aerobics: Jacki Sorensen's aerobic dancing combines stretching, corework, weight training, and aerobic exercise into each class. All routines are carefully choreographed and fit the mood of the music. Come have fun while you slim. Register online HERE.
- Cost: Step Aerobics, $75
- Cost: Dance Aerobics, $145
- Save $25.00 by signing up for all 3 classes for $195
- Spring/Summer Dates: Step Aerobics - Saturdays, May 11 - August 17, 8:15 - 9:15 AM
- Spring Summer Dates: Dance Aerobics - Tuesdays/Thursdays, May 7 - August 15, 5:15 - 6:15 PM (no class on Thursday, July 4th)
- Place: Payne Gym Studio
- Minimum # of Students: 4
- Drop-ins will be welcome after the minimum has been met. Drop In Rate: $7.00 per class
This "hands-on" workshop will introduce participants to a simple yet powerful technique to improve wellness.
Participants will learn the basics of energy reading and energetic healing, and practice Reiki as a specific healing energy, including some of its symbols and their meanings, and how to use Reiki on oneself and others. Register online HERE.
- Dates: Sunday, April 28 and May 5
- Time: 2:00 - 5:00 pm
- Place: Meet at Eccles HWAC Front Desk
- Cost: $45 for the Westminster Community and $90 for other
- Dates: June 9 - 15, 2013, August 11 - 17, 2013, and October 13 - 19, 2013 and February 23 - March 1, 2014
- Cost: $3000 for WC and U of U students ($750 per session) and $3400 for non-students ($850 per session)