Private instrumental Lessons
Any student at Westminster College can register for private lessons. We love teaching non-music majors, as well as our music major students! All students who register for private lessons should meet the following minimum expectations:
- Register for private lessons with Dr. Karlyn Bond within the first two weeks of the semester.
To contact Dr. Bond, please email her: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Schedule a regular lesson time with your teacher immediately upon registration.
- Show up on time and prepared for lessons. If you will be late, notify your teacher immediately.
- If you need to cancel, you must give your teacher at least 24-hours' notice. Teachers are not required to make-up lessons canceled by students, for any reason. If a teacher cancels your lesson, it will be made-up during the semester.
- All lessons (including make-up lessons) must be completed before the last day of class each semester.
- All students must attend three studio master classes each semester.
- Students will not be required to spend more than $30 on music per semester.
- The majority of lesson time will be spent on focused work on technique, repertoire and artistry.
instrumental Majors and Minors
- In consultation with your teacher and based on the suggested repertoire list, select pieces for juries within the first few weeks of the semester.
- Attend the midterm performance day. Instrumental majors or minors who miss this day or are not prepared will lose 15% from their final grade.
- Perform an insturmental jury. Instrumental major and minors who do not perform a jury (for any reason) in the semester of registration will receive an Incomplete (I) grade on their transcript.