The following lists of terms are a few suggested Library of Congress Subject Headings to use when searching for articles, or books.
Use the subject headings listed below when searching the Giovale Library Catalog:
Diotima - Materials for the Study of Women and Gender in the Ancient World
Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy - The law school's newest journal, the Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy, was established in 1994. It is an interdisciplinary publication devoted to discussion and consideration of gender issues in the context of law and public policy..
Feminist Theory web site - Hosted by the Center for Digital Discourse and Culture at Virginia Tech University The Feminist Theory web site provides research materials and information for students, activists, and scholars interested in women's conditions and struggles around the world. The goals of this web site are: 1) to encourage a wide range of research into feminist theory,and 2) to encourage dialogue between women (and men) from different countries around the world. Hopefully, this will result in new connections, new ideas, and new information about feminist theory and women's movements.
gender Inn - welcome to gender Inn, the Women's and Gender Studies Database on the Internet. gender Inn is a searchable database providing access to over 7,500 records pertaining to feminist theory, feminist literary criticism and gender studies focusing on English and American literature. gender Inn is continually updated.".
GENDERNET A site created by the Worldbank.
Some of the issues addressed are:
- Gender and the Digital Divide
- Gender Statistics
- Gender and Transport
- Gender and Social Assessment
- Gender and Rural Development
- International Gender Studies Resources - Welcome to our project site, featuring research and teaching materials meant to facilitate the integration of Women's and Gender Studies into International and Area Studies philosophy and curricula. This site offers general and specific bibliographies and filmographies on issues pertaining to women and gender in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Arab World, and among minority cultures in North America and Europe.
- Men Against Sexism - The National Organization for Men Against Sexism is the oldest pro-feminist men's group in the United States.
- The Men's Bibliography - A comprehensive bibliography of writing on men, masculinities, gender, and sexualities.
- Men's Issues on the internet (From refdesk.com website)
- Men's Resource Center for Change - The mission of the Men's Resource Center for Change is to support men, challenge men's violence, and develop men's leadership in ending oppression in ourselves, our families, and our communities. Our programs support men to overcome the damaging effects of rigid and stereotyped masculinity, and simultaneously confront men's patterns of personal and societal violence and abuse toward women, children, and other men.
- One: National Gay & Lesbian Archives - The ONE National Gay & Lesbian Archives houses the world's largest research library on Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual,and Transgendered heritage and concerns.
- The Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity (SPSMM) - The Society for the Psychological Study of Men and Masculinity, Division 51 of the American Psychological Association, advances knowledge in the psychology of men through research, education, training, public policy, and improved clinical practice.
- Status of Women in the States - The Status of Women in the States is part of an ongoing research project conducted by the Institute for Womens Policy Research (IWPR) to establish baseline measures of the status of women in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Subject Listing of Women and Gender Resources and Statistical Resources on Women and Gender - These excellent sites give you gender issues by subject areas as well as statistical data. The pages are maintained by the University of Wisconsin System Women's Studies Librarian
- Who's Who of Women and the Environment
This website introduces a database of influential women in the field of the environment who UNEP believes should be honoured and whose work should be recognized.
(from the website)
- Women and Gender Studies Web Site (Word Wide Virtual Library) - developed and maintained by the Women's Studies Section of the Association of College and Research libraries.
- Women's Studies Online Resources
- Voice of the Shuttle - Gender Studies
- XY: Men, Masculinity, and Gender Politics - XY is a website focused on men, masculinities, and gender politics. XY is a space for the exploration of issues of gender and sexuality, the daily issues of men's and women's lives, and practical discussion of personal and social change.