Applying to Graduate School
- Application Incentives and Fellowships for McNair Scholars a resource list maintained by the Council for Opportunity in Education
- Project 1000 is a national program created to assist underrepresented students applying to graduate school. Students may apply to up to seven of the over 88 participating Project 1000 institutions by using one application.Some institutions may have additional requirements. Check with Project 1000 for more information.
Graduate School Preparation
Graduate School Visitation and Summer Research Opportunities
Updated as information becomes available.
- How to Get the Mentoring You Want A Guide for Graduate Students at a Diverse University
by the Rackham School of Graduate Studies, University of Michigan
- Surviving & Thriving in Graduate School - Some very helpful and insightful suggestions for Graduate School success, by Carla Trujillo, Ph.D.
- Helpful application links from the Berkeley Gradutate Division-- not just for those interested in UC Berkeley!
- What Every New Graduate Student Should Know-- a guide by grad students at Indiana University. Mostly good general advice on how to do well in grad school, although there is some local info as well.
- PhD InfoFIND.org-- a doctoral education information and advisement site
- New resource books available in the McNair office-- many can be checked out, some are for reference only. Take a look at these recommended titles on grad school, GRE prep, financial aid, and related topics.
- As a McNair Scholar, you are part of a network that extends across the country. The following link will take you to a listing of McNair programs nationwide, with additional links to either the program itself or the host institution.
- Minority On-Line Information System (MOLIS) ~A comprehensive research and institutional database
Grad School, Test Prep, and General Info