Westminster College Music Department
Private Music Lesson Program
Prof. Brandon Derfler, Instrumental Coordinator
Jewett Center (EEJC), Office “I”
Prof. Michael Chipman, Vocal Coordinator
Jewett Center (EEJC), Office “B”
- All Westminster students can register for 1 or 2 credit hours of private music lessons. This is a graded course that cannot be audited.
- For students seeking a music major or minor, private lessons are offered on all instruments and voice at the cost of tuition.
- Non-music majors/minors who are not enrolled in a performing ensemble will pay a fee of $150 per credit in addition to the regular tuition.
- 1 credit hour provides 14 half-hour weekly lessons per semester.
- 2 credit hours provide 14 hour long weekly lessons per semester.
- Students must register for private music lessons every semester with Professors Derfler or Chipman. Their offices are located in the Jewett Center (EEJC). For more information, contact Dr. Derfler at 801.832.2441 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Prof. Chipman at 801.832.2440 or email@example.com.
- A weekly lesson time is based on your schedule and your instructor’s schedule. Please have your schedule ready when you call the instructor.
- You can enroll into private lessons anytime before the last day to add/drop classes (generally the 2nd Friday of each semester).