School of Nursing & Health Sciences
Why Study Nursing at Westminster?
As a Westminster nursing and health science student, you'll find our unique environment for learning adds extra value to every aspect of your program. You'll be uniquely prepared to succeed in nursing, one of the nation's top profession in terms of predicted job growth. You can add to the public's choices for health care by being a Family Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Anesthetist. If education is your passion, you can be prepared to be on the front lines of the public health workforce in the community and state, in the nation, and the world.
Undergraduate | Degree Programs
Graduate | Degree Programs
Graduate | Certificate Programs
- Public Health
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Educator
A reputation that adds value to your degree
- USNEWS & World Report consistently ranks Westminster in the top tier of colleges and universities in the West.
- Our nursing graduates have outstanding NCLEX pass rates and are in high demand in diverse health care settings.
- In addition, our program is fully accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
- The Master of Science in Nurse Anesthesia (MSNA) program is accredited by the Council on Accreditation for Nurse Anesthesia Programs.
- We have an outstanding pass rate on certification exams by nurse anesthesia and family nurse practitioner students.
A value-added curriculum
The broad-based, liberal arts courses that every Westminster student takes are of particular value to nursing students. The more you know, the better you can relate to all kinds of people. And you'll develop the excellent communication skills crucial for success in all aspects of life.
Outstanding facilities--with a special bonus
The School of Nursing and Health Sciences is housed in Westminster's new and impressive Dolores Dore Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center. Our state-of-the-art educational facilites include teaching/learning laboratories that reflect real world work environments:
- Adult and pediatric human simulation laboratories
- Computer laboratory
- Mock hospital nursing skills and health assessment laboratories
- Media-rich classrooms
Special bonus! You have instant access to the wide range of health, wellness, and recreational resources located in our building, including a pool, running, track, two gyms, basketball, and racquetball courts, as well as cardiac workout, weight training, and aerobics facilities.
Your program includes clinical experiences in leading health care delivery systems, hospitals, clinics, and community settings. You have multiple opportunities to use the latest technology and equipment in state-of-the-art facilities.
Plus! in addition to Westminster's college-wide international experiences, you also have special options to participate in an international nursing student exchange offered through Payap University, McCormick School of Nursing in Thailand and international service-learning experiences through public health.