Parish Nurses view health as a condition of optimal wellness or wholeness.
Wholeness occurs through the development and integration of the physical, mental, spiritual, social, and artistic aspects of a person.
Illness can be a manifestation of disharmony in one or several areas of development.
Parish Nurses combine their professional training and faith tradition to help restore integration and ready a person for openness to God in faith.
- Respect the inherent dignity and sanctity of life of all persons
- Seek justice in access to the health-care system
- Enable individuals to accept responsibility for their health
- Demonstrate compasion by listening without judging
- Manifest faith, hope, and love