Pre-Professional Health Programs Typical 4-Year Plan
Year One - Freshman
- Meet Pre-Professional Health Advisor: Robyn Hyde for Chemistry/Pre-Professionals or Betsy Kleba for Biology/Pre-Professionals and complete worksheet.
- Review the Self Assessment provided by the University of Utah SoM.
- Attend Pre-Professional Health informational events.
- Consult the Pre-Professional Health Library for information about chosen field.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities.
- Develop good study habits.
- Do well in classes. Grades lower than a "C" are not generally acceptable in pre-requisite courses.
- Join the pre-professional health student club.
Year Two - Sophomore
- Meet with Pre-Professional Health Advisors.
- Declare a major and sketch a plan for your remaining coursework.
- Actively participate in extracurricular activities.
- Explore opportunities for research, leadership, shadowing, and patient exposure.
- Continue practicing good study habits.
Year Three - Junior
Year Four - Senior
For more information on a specific Pre-Professional Health Program click here.