Residence Life Website
Upperclass & Transfer Students

Upperclass & Transfer Students 

In addition to clothes, personal items, and school supplies, you will need the following:

  • Linens  
    • Twin-size sheets (standard size, not extra long)
    • Pillow, blankets and/or comforter
    • Towels (we recommend two sets)
  • Clothes hangers
  • Alarm clock
  • Toiletries
  • Laundry soap, dryer sheets, softeners, etc.

You can personalize your space to make it your room with items from home as long as the room is not damaged. You can coordinate with your roommates what items you plan to bring (especially larger things like TVs). The following list will give you some ideas about what other students have brought/coordinated with their roommates:

  • Wall/door decorations (must be hung with removable adhesive, NO NAILS or things that will pull off paint)
  • Door memo pad for notes and messages (a large one is provided outside each apartment)
  • Plants
  • Bath mat
  • Iron and ironing board
  • Air freshener
  • Dishes, silverware, cooking utensils
  • Basic condiments and cooking ingredients
  • Snacks
  • Paper towels and cleaning supplies (vacuum is available in each apartment)
  • Dictionary and thesaurus
  • Answering machine (for those living in campus houses)
  • Computer (there is a lab available in each hall with 24-hour access)
  • Radio, stereo, CDs and tapes
  • TV, VCR, DVD player  
  • Coffee maker
  • Popcorn popper
  • Cards and games
  • Sports and recreational equipment (Note: pool tables, ping-pong tables, outdoor basketball and volleyball courts, a climbing wall, indoor basketball and volleyball courts, and a weight room are located on campus)
  • Bicycle

Please keep in mind that most of what you bring needs to fit in your room as there is limited storage space in the apartments. Also, personal belongings are not covered under the college insurance policy. Check with your homeowner's insurance to see if your belongings are covered in a residence hall. All residents are encouraged to purchase renter's or apartment insurance if they are not covered under another policy.