2014 Election Process
As announced in the Staff Retreat 2014, the staff council would like to increase the number of council members from 7 to 9. This increase was determined while establishing the bylaws. The election process is as follows:
- Staff Council will collect nominations- find the nomination form here
- Staff Council will notify nominees
- Staff partcipate in a online election
Important Dates for election Process
- July 18th Call for nominations- find the nomination form here
- July 25th Nominations closed
- July 30th Nominees notified
- August 6th Accept nomination by submiting bio and headshot
- August 8th Online elections begin
- August 15th Online elections close
- August 18th New staff council members announced at the President's Breakfast
Things to Note About the election
- The individuals with the highest votes will be elected to serve on Staff Council with no more than 1 individual from a department being elected to Staff Council in a given election.
- Any eligible member of Staff Council may nominate her/himself or be nominated by her/his peers.
- Due to confidentiality, numbers of votes received for each candidate will not be released.
- Staff members who are nominated will be given the opportunity to remove themselves from the ballot for any reason.