Goal 1 Implementation Strategies and Initiatives
To distinguish the College by preparing "Graduates of Westminster College," graduates who have developed skills and attributes crucial for success.
Develop a learning-centered environment focused on helping students achieve college-wide and program-specific learning goals.
- Council on Assessment. Appoint a council or similar group to be responsible for overseeing the college's efforts to use college-wide learning goals by:
- coordinating the development and implementation of systems for:
assisting academic programs in their efforts to assess student learning relative to program-specific learning goals
periodically evaluating the relevance of the college-wide learning goals and proposing revisions
proposing additional ways for the college to build a strong learning-centered environment
- monitoring how the goals are being addressed through curricular and co-curricular programs
- assessing student success in achieving the learning goals
- using the results of these assessments to strengthen the curriculum and co-curriculum
- "Prepared for Success" Program. Establish a program to introduce students to the college-wide learning goals during their first semester and to help them identify a plan for achieving the goals by graduation.
- Co-Curricular Initiative. Develop multiple co-curricular opportunities for student learning that support college-wide learning goals.