Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles
We are committed to promoting student learning and success by engaging students in life outside the classroom as well as supporting their academic experience. Working from an ethic of care, we cultivate an inclusive community that challenges and empowers students to develop holistically and find purpose in their lives. We support the college mission by offering a broad range of opportunities for students to develop personal and social responsibility, appreciation for others in our diverse community, and to prepare for lives of leadership and service in a global society.
We will transform the lives of our students by creating a dynamic community that nurtures, enriches and fully engages individuals in the development of their own unique potential and that enables them to transform the lives of others.
In carrying out our mission, we are guided by the following principles and values:
- We believe in a student-centered approach, with student learning and holistic development as our primary purpose.
- Each person is unique, has worth and dignity, and should be treated with respect.
- Students are ultimately responsible for their own actions and lives.
- Diversity enriches the educational experience and strengthens the community when everyone experiences a welcoming and safe environment.
- As members of the community of learners, we should exemplify the highest standards of integrity, fairness and civility.
- The entire campus contributes to student learning and development, which is enriched by collaborative partnerships within and beyond the classroom.
- Clear and open communication is essential to developing effective relationships and teamwork.
- The most meaningful learning and student development often occurs within the context of engaged, caring relationships with individual staff and faculty.
- We believe in the importance of fostering balance and wellness in the lives of our students.
- We are committed to providing the highest quality services designed to support students in identifying and attaining their academic, leadership and career goals.