Gore Math/Science Program, Eskuche Endowment, Westminster Scholars Summer Research Grants, Provost's Office Summer Research Grants, BRINE (Great Salt Lake Institute)
Number of Awards: varies
Description: Stipend for an 8 week intensive research experience working collaboratively with a Westminster faculty member on a project in science, computer science, and/or math. Students may not work another job or take summer classes without the permission of the faculty advisor.
Award Amount: Up to $3000.
1. Has been enrolled at Westminster for at least one semester;
2. Is returning to Westminster the following fall semester;
3. Has an outstanding academic history;
1. Keep records of activity and produce a final written report;
2. Meet regularly with the faculty advisor and team on agreed upon schedule, as necessary for the progression of the research.
3. Present results at a local, state, or national conference;
4. Attend weekly interdisciplinary research meetings and seminars;
5. Participate in assessment activities connected with the research experience.