Master Track is a nine-month, in-depth professional mentoring and executive coaching seminar. Two experienced business leaders facilitate mentor introductions and selection, create meeting agendas for monthly peer-to-peer forums, and provide support should any difficulty arise for participants throughout the program.
The seminar is available to students finishing in the Westminster College MBA, MBATC, MACC or Project-Based MBA programs and to any alumni of those programs. Individuals who are sincerely interested in learning how to improve personal and business skills and behaviors (those who are interested in exploring new concepts and gaining critical feedback) will do the best in the Master Track Program.
Master Track Benefits
Master Track provides participants with a myriad of benefits. Every participant will have the opportunity to engage in an extensively personal nine-month mentorship with some of Utah's most revered business leaders. Monthly meetings with program facilitators and Master Track peers include breakfast and lunch. Almost every participant who completes the Master Track program reviews it as one of the most valuable parts of their MBA/MBATC experience.
You will also enjoy
Who it is for
Master Track is for MBA/PMBA/MBTC/MAcc students and alumni dedicated to both their personal and professional development. The program does not have a set objective and relies on students establishing their goals and exploring challenges. Applicants must also be open to accepting feedback on highly personal and challenging issues. Participants can choose to focus their efforts on a variety of topics including, but not limited to, leadership development, career direction, networking, advice with professional issues, work-life balance and overcoming personal barriers to success. Master Track's structure makes it applicable for a wide range of career experience.
Preference will be given to applicants who demonstrate
- An interest in professional and personal development: Participants interested in self-reflection and improvement and/or improving the organization they serve and/or the companies they wish to create will get the most out of, and contribute the most to, the Master Track program.
- Leadership ability; in general, the participant needs to show how they have been a leader in the past and/or describe their leadership goals for the future.
- Academic performance: applicants should have a 3.5 GPA and 20 credits minimum to apply
Applicants must provide
- Commitment: Participants must commit to attending all meetings during the year. With the small size of the group, full participation will measurably enhance the quality of the experience.
- Confidentiality: Each participant must agree to hold all discussions in strict confidence.
- Openness: Each participant should have a "lifelong student" orientation and be willing to be an active participant in a group setting.
Master Track mentors represent some of the most successful and respected business leaders in Utah. Mentors are selected from a variety of career paths and industries, but each is deeply committed to enriching their communities and engaging in the Master Track program.
Participants are required to attend monthly Saturday peer sessions from 9:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m., September through May. Additionally, participants are required to meet with their designated mentor once per month. Participants are also encouraged to engage with as many mentors, program facilitators, and participants in the program as often as possible to achieve maximum value from the program. Finally, participants should be fully prepared to be completely honest, open, and engaged in program discussions. Master Track is based on trust—all information shared is strictly confidential.
The complete charge for the Master Track program is $990, along with the time commitment.
How to Apply
Potential participants must submit a resume, two reference letters (one of which can be from a previous Master Track participant/mentor), and an application including answers to six short essay questions.
Apply to Master Track