The Bridge Program is intended to "create a path for a student candidate to bridge the gap between the completion of the CFI certification and the aeronautical requirements of the ATP certificate."
Westminster College flight instructors qualify for the Bridge Program as long as they:
- Have completed all flight certificates and ratings, with the exception of Private Pilot, at Westminster College.
- Have no criminal offenses that would preclude Canadian clearance.
- Have had no more than two moving violations on their driving record within the past three years.
- Have earned, or maintain, a 3.0 GPA or higher.
- Hold a first class medical certificate.
- Hold an FCC radiotelephone operator's permit.
- Have no more than three failed check rides.
- Have self-disclosed all incidents.
- Have no "at fault" aircraft accidents.
- Have no record of enforcement action on FAA record.
Participants in the program receive the following benefits. They:
- Retain SkyWest date-of-hire while in the program
- Enjoy travel benefits on SkyWest flights.
- Assist with special SkyWest projects such as job fairs and mentoring students.
- Receive mentoring guidance and interview preparation through regular check-ins and practice interviews with SkyWest Captains.
- Have guaranteed pilot interview with SkyWest Airlines when minimum qualifications are met.
Candidates remain in the Bridge Program and qualify for a guaranteed pilot interview by:
- Abiding by the Westminster College and Flight Operations Center's CFI Codes of Conduct.
- Satisfactorily completing all progress interviews.
- Attaining 100+ hours of multi-engine time.
- Completing the Westminster College Jet Transition Course.
Candidates who complete the requirements of the program and meet interview requirements will be referred to SkyWest Airlines by Westminster College and the candidate will be scheduled for the first available interview. If interviews are not being conducted at that time, the candidate will be placed on a waiting list and scheduled for the next available final interview in the order their name was received.
Applicants must meet the required standards for employment and pass all phases of the recruitment process, including:
- Behavioral-based interview
- CRM evaluation
- Technical interview
- Simulator evaluation
- Debrief interview
Note: Specific areas of focus will be CRM, leadership, attitude, professionalism, organizational fit, use of automation, and phraseology. Upon successful completion of the final interview, the candidate will be offered employment at SkyWest Airlines.
Important: The information on this page is quoted or paraphrased from the SkyWest Airlines Bridge Program Standard Practice. This document is regularly updated and not all current updates may be reflected on this page at any given time. Specific details regarding the Westminster Bridge Program with SkyWest Airlines is governed by the most current standard practice and Letter of Agreement. Those serve as the overriding guiding documents regarding the Bridge Program.