- Students must have an overall 2.5 GPA in courses required for the major.
- In addition to the below, eight hours in a single foreign language are required.
Required Computer Science Courses
Not offered every semester.
- CMPT 201 (Intro to Data Structures)—co-requisite MATH 105
- CMPT 202 (Intro to Data Structures)—prerequisite CMPT 201
- CMPT 251 (Computer Systems and Programming) in lieu of CMPT 260—prerequisite CMPT 201
- CMPT 307 (Database Systems)—prerequisite CMPT 202
- CMPT 322 (Software Engineering)—prerequisite CMPT 307
- CMPT 375 (E-Commerce)—co-requisite CMPT 307
- CMPT 385 (Proposal Writing class)—prerequisite: taken Fall semester before taking CMPT 390
- CMPT 390 (Senior Capstone class)—take in the last Spring semester before graduation
CIS Majors must take four hours from the list below.
- CMPT 335—Computer Security—prerequisite CMPT 251
- CMPT 352—Computer Networks—prerequisite CMPT 202
- CMPT 440—Internship—Requires junior or senior standing, 2.5 GPA or higher, completion of Career Resource Center Internship Workshop, and consent of program director and Career Center Internship Coordinator.
Required Courses from Other Programs
Offered every fall, spring and summer semester.
Classes Without Prerequisites
- PHIL 206 (Introduction to Ethics)—fulfills LE requirement
- ECON 253 (Elementary Macroeconomics)—fulfills LE requirement
- MATH 141 (College Algebra)—fulfills LE requirement
- MATH 150 (Elementary Statistics)
- ACCT 213 (Accounting Principles)
- MGMT 305 (Principles of Management)
Classes with Preqrequisites or Co-Requisites
- IRM 200 (Principles of IRM)—co-requisite Math 150
- MKTG 300 (Principles of Marketing)—prerequisite: MATH 141
- ECON 263 (Elementary Microeconomics)—prerequisites: MATH 141, ECON 253
- FIN 300 (Business Finance)—prerequisites: ACCT 213, ECON 263, IRM 200, MATH 141, MATH 150