To attend Westminster College, we recommend you begin the application process at least four months before the term you wish to attend to ensure that all documents and materials for application are received by the Office of Admissions well in advance of your intended starting date.
Westminster operates rolling admissions and we are currently accepting applications. We start taking applications beginning September of your senior year. The priority deadline for financial aid is April 15 and for on-campus housing May 15. We guarantee housing for all incoming freshmen—but you MUST apply by May 15. After that time, on-campus housing becomes limited.
First Year and Transfer Student Requirements
In addition to the requirements for all incoming undergraduate students, international students must also submit:
Graduate Student Requirements
In addition to the requirements for all incoming graduate students, international students must also submit:
- Grades or scores which show you are a better-than-average student from all colleges/universities you may have attended.
- TOEFL Score**
- Statement of Financial Responsibility (Please contact your admissions counselor to obtain your program-specific form.)
- Provide verification, in U.S. dollars, of your ability to meet Westminster annual costs by submitting the following: 1) a bank statement, and 2) a student's or sponsor's statement of financial responsibility with appropriate signature(s).
Please complete and sign financial verification forms and include letters or certificates of financial verification, such as a bank statement, from a bank or other financial institution. After you have been accepted to the college and have sent in a tuition deposit, you will be sent a Form I-20 so that you can apply for your student visa or can apply for a transfer to Westminster College.
In order to attend Westminster, students must have graduated from a secondary school or have obtained a GED.
You require an official original-language transcript as well as an English translation if…
- You attended a non-English-speaking secondary school.
You require a professional course-by-course transcript evaluation if…
- Any of your transcripts come from foreign institutions excluding American schools abroad.
World Education Services (WES)
If you require a professional course-by-course transcript evaluation, please submit your documents to World Education Services for evaluation.
- Your complete official academic transcript in the original language in which it was issued (if not English).
- An official English translation (if applicable).
- Any other diplomas or test results documenting your degree.
You should allow 3-4 weeks for the evaluation to reach the College. For more information and instructions, please visit the WES homepage.
Freshmen who have completed AP or IB exams, students with GCE A-level courses and students who have taken coursework at another university may be eligible for credit transfer. Please submit all relevant scores to us as soon as they are available.
Transcripts, Mark Sheets and Score Reports should be sent directly from the school to an evaluation service.
University transcripts should be submitted to ACEI (acei1.com) or WES (wes.org) for translation and/or evaluation. Westminster Admissions reserves the right to request the student submit their transcript to WES or ACEI for outside evaluation.
- Westminster's TOEFL institution code is 4948.
- A TOEFL score meeting the minimum requirements for the tests below is required for undergraduate admission to Westminster College.
- 79 on the internet-based test
- 45-78 on the internet-based test for EIS Bridge admission
- The TOEFL may be waived if the student has studied/lived/worked at an English speaking school/country/institution for more than two years.
- The TOEFL is waived for students who complete Level 6 of the intensive English program at A.C.E. Language Institutes.