International Student Advisory Board
The purpose of the International Student Advisory Board (ISAB) is to provide feedback and recommendations to the International Center to help improve the international student experience at Westminster College. This includes the development of new programs and services, raising the profile of international students on campus, and encouraging leadership development of international students.
ISAB is composed of
- Undergraduate and graduate international students
- International Center staff members
- Additional individuals from Westminster may attend as invited guests
Terms of Board Service
A term is one academic year, however members may return for succeeding years. Regular attendance and participation is required. Please make sure that you can commit to the day and time of board meetings before submitting your application. All participants will be awarded a certificate upon completion of service.
Members of the International Student Advisory Board attend meetings during the Fall and Spring semesters; share their questions, concerns, and ideas with Westminster administrative leadership, and communicate with their fellow students about their ideas for improving our campus atmosphere for international students.
- The Board meets three to four times per semester with additional subcommittee work
- Board members will also be required to communicate regularly with other international students and Westminster administration in between meetings
How to Apply
Students who meet the following eligibly requirements are invited to apply.
- International Student Status
- Good academic standing at time of application and throughout the board membership
- At least one academic year remaining at Westminster at the time of application
- Must be able to attend all meetings
Interviews will be conducted after the posted application deadline. A limited number of applicants will be selected as board members. In selecting members, the International Council will seek to include students that represent the spectrum of international student voices including a variety of academic majors, undergraduate and graduate students, and diverse geographic representation.
Apply to the International Student Advisory Board
2015–2016 Board Members