Dear colleagues, welcome—to those of you new to Westminster and to those of you returning for the start of the 16-17 academic year. A few updates are below as we head into next week, and some start-of-year reminders from past summer notes (end of note).
- Title IX training: Please see Jason Schwartz-Johnson’s email from 8/8, completion due by 9/9 (the module is up in Canvas). Jason will also be at the faculty retreat on Monday updating us on policy changes from last year and answering questions.
- Convocation and parent reception: Parent reception (faculty and deans meet with parents of incoming students: Tanner Atrium, Sat 8/20 at 3:30 PM) and the fall convocation (Saturday 8/20, line-up outside of the library by 4:45 p.m.).
- Back to school breakfast and faculty retreat, Monday 8/22: Breakfast starts at 7:30 a.m. (fieldhouse) immediately followed by the faculty retreat and lunch (see email from Han on Tues with details).
- Welcome back bbq, Fri 8/26: 5:30 p.m. Alumni House.
- New Board of Trustees committees: Listed here are the 4 new main board of trustees committees and the faculty representatives: Enrollment & Marketing (James Hedges), Student Life & Learning (Peggy Cain), Operations & Finance (Michael Chipman), Advancement (Richard Badenhausen). In addition to these 4 main board committees, one other board committee has a faculty representative: Investment (Lauren LoRe). These committees will first meet at the Nov board meeting.
Board Meeting Dates
- 4 Year Guarantee: The 4 year guarantee has been simplified from last year.
- Fall-16 reminders from past notes
- Professional grants/awards: The faculty professional grants and awards booklet for 16–17 has been posted on the faculty canvas site
- Faculty handbook: The 16–17 faculty handbook has been posted on the faculty canvas site
- 16-17 Committee Memberships
- Title IX, Title VI, and ADA statements for Fall-16 syllabi
- Course suggestions to help students with disabilities
- WCore courses: deadlines if you are considering a new course for WCore for 2017-2018
- August 26—Final proposal due to WCore
- September 9—WCore review is complete
- Mid-September—Courses are moved to school curriculum committees
- Mid-October—Course are moved to college curriculum committee
- Proposal links to be used