All students must formally declare an academic major once they have completed 60 or more credit hours (junior standing). Students with junior standing who have not met with an academic advisor and formally declared their major will not be eligible to register for upcoming semesters. Forms for declaring majors and minors are available in the START Center, each academic school office, or the Office of the Registrar. You may contact any of these offices for additional information. Please view the Academic Calendar for all official registration dates.

How to Declare a Major

  1. Complete the Major Declaration Form. You can also obtain a physical copy at the Registrar's Office, START Center, or academic school office.
  2. Request a degree audit for each of your declared majors and minors (if applicable) in any of the same offices. Honors students must also request a degree audit for either the Honors Liberal Education or the Honors Degree program.
  3. Make an appointment with your faculty advisor(s).
  4. Review your major or minor requirements with your faculty advisor(s) and have them sign the Major Declaration Form and the degree audit(s).
  5. Return both of these forms to the appropriate school office (Arts and Sciences, Gore School of Business, Education, or Nursing).