Graduation Requirements for Bachelors Degrees
- Complete a minimum of 124 semester credit hours, 30 of which must be upper division courses numbered 300 or above from a four-year institution
- Fulfill all WCore or Honors Liberal Education requirements
- Maintain an overall grade point average of 2.00 or above
Note: Only letter grades of C- or better may be presented to satisfy major, minor, or WCore/Honors Liberal Education requirements with the exception of nursing, which requires a C or better; and education, which requires a grade of C+ or better in all education classes.
- Credits associated with repeating a class for a better grade are only counted once.
- Double-counting of courses to fulfill requirements in more than one major or minor may not occur unless a course is specifically required for both programs.
- All degree requirements specified in the declared catalog and are displayed under “My Progress” on Self-Service.
- Fulfill the residency requirement
- Maintain good academic standing
Graduating with Honors
Honors are awarded to undergraduate students who complete 60 hours of coursework at Westminster with letter grades and who meet the following criteria.
|Summa Cum Laude||Top 10 percent of eligible students*|
|Magna Cum Laude||Second 10 percent of eligible students*|
|Cum Laude||Third 10 percent of eligible students*|
*Eligible students are undergraduate students who complete 60 hours of coursework at Westminster with letter grades.
The grade point averages necessary to meet Honors criteria are based on the previous year's graduating class GPA. The GPAs required to receive honors for graduation is determined after the entire class has been graduated in August and are published during the fall semester.
Based on the above policy, the Registrar's Office has determined the following GPA cutoffs for graduating with Honors:
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.904
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.817
- Cum Laude: 3.743
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.906
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.829
- Cum Laude: 3.743
- Summa Cum Laude: 3.907
- Magna Cum Laude: 3.825
- Cum Laude: 3.736
Honors noted in the commencement program are based upon the grade point average at the end of the fall semester. Honors designations noted in the program are subject to change based on the calculation of final grade point averages for students attending May and summer terms. Grade point averages are not rounded in order to achieve honors.
Graduating Requirements for Masters Degrees
All degree requirements specified in the declared catalog and displayed under “My Progress” on Self-Service.
After graduation processing has been completed, you will be notified when diplomas are available for pick up in the Registrar's Office free of charge. Picture ID is required and all holds with the school must be cleared in order to release your diploma. You may also choose to have your diploma mailed to you by completing the diploma mailing request form. To ensure that your diploma arrives safely, all diplomas are mailed via certified mail; there is a $20.00 fee associated with this service.