Student Health Services is quick, convenient, and affordable access to medical care provided by a Family Nurse Practitioner who can diagnose and treat common health problems.
The clinic is open Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. and follows the academic schedule.
- An office visit co-pay is $15. An average visit will cost between $15–$35. Additional costs are dependent on services rendered. Payment is due at the time of service with cash, check or credit/debit card.
- SHS does not accept insurance. If you would like to bill your insurance company independently, ask the receptionist for a copy of services provided. Learn more about health insurance for students
- SHS services are available to current Westminster College students only. Make sure to bring your student ID card with you to your appointment, as this expedites the check out process.
- SHS is not a full service clinic and will refer the student if the clinic is unable to provide the appropriate care.
- The clinic is closed during the summer months.
The clinic is open during the academic year (August–May).
After Hour Care
- Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Follows the academic calendar
- Last appointment of the day is 2:30 p.m.
Student Health Services is located in the lower level of the Shaw Center.
See the full list of services
- Basic procedures
- Family Planning
Phone—non urgent messages only
- Phone 801.832.2239
- Fax 801.832.2247
E-mail—non urgent messages only
For an appointment call (801) 832-2239. Leave a message if the clinic is not open and your call will be returned. Do not leave any urgent messages. If you need immediate medical attention please follow up with your local provider or any of the resources in the After Hour Care section of this website.
- Appointments are preferred to minimize wait time and ensure sufficient time to meet each student's needs.
- Appointments are typically 15–30 minutes in length depending on the needs of the student. Please specify what you need to be seen for when you make an appointment, so that the receptionist can schedule accordingly.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to your scheduled appointment, you may need to re-schedule.
Walk-ins are also welcome and will be accommodated into the next available appointment.
Please bring your student ID card and a method of payment to your appointment. Payment is expected at the time of service.
If you are a new patient (or have not done so before) you will be asked to fill out a patient history form. The history is vital to ensure that you receive the appropriate medical care. Additional forms may be given to the student to complete as needed.
Please print and fill out the necessary forms before your scheduled appointment.