Westminster College, in partnership with US Ski and Snowboard, is pleased to offer a special tuition-grant program to current national team athletes (A-C teams) and qualifying US Ski Team alums. Westminster recognizes that achieving academic success can play an important role for world-class athletes, which is why the college has become the Official Partner—Traditional College for US Ski and Snowboard.
All US Ski and Snowboard athletes must complete one year of team membership before being eligible for the tuition grant program, which can potentially cover the costs of all tuition. We invite all current A, B, and C team members to apply; however, applicants must meet Westminster's standards for admission. U.S. Ski Team alums are also eligible to participate in the tuition-grant program provided they began their education at Westminster before they retired from the U.S. Ski Team.
Westminster College's academic calendar is based on semesters, so athletes can apply for the May, summer, fall, and spring semesters. It is important to apply early since there are a limited number of tuition credits available each year.
Westminster is Utah's only private, independent college, located in Salt Lake City, only 30 minutes from Park City and their world-class resorts and training facilities. Students experience the liberal arts blended with professional programs in an atmosphere dedicated to civic engagement. With the goal of enabling its graduates to live vibrant, just, and successful lives, Westminster provides transformational learning experiences for both undergraduate and graduate students in a truly student-centered environment.
Westminster College is nationally ranked:
- U.S. News & World Report consistently ranks Westminster College in the top tier of colleges and universities in the West, and as a “Best Value” school.
- The Princeton Review's “Best 382 Colleges” (2018 edition) ranks Westminster as a “Best Western” college and ranked #16 in the nation for “Best Science Lab Facilities.”
- The Princeton Review’s 2018 “Guide to 375 Green Colleges” highlights Westminster for its sustainability efforts.
- Sierra Magazine listed Westminster as a 2018 “Cool School” for its commitment to environmentalism.
More than 140 USSA student-athletes have taken advantage of this tuition-grant program, which is only available at Westminster College. Grants will be awarded to athletes based on criteria including their team ranking, grade point average (GPA), high school or college class standings, and availability of grant tuition credits.
- Current A, B, and C team athletes need to apply—and be accepted—to Westminster College, according to the college’s general admission requirements.
- US Ski Team alums who participated in the Westminster tuition-grant program while they were active US Ski Team members are eligible to continue their studies under the grant program.
- Tuition grants are awarded by the following criteria:
- Current team randing (A → B → C → former Westminster/US Ski Team athletes)
- Current high school GPA or college GPA
- Current high school or college class standings
- Tuition grant availability per semester, based on grant availability, team ranking, progress towards degree, and alum/active-athlete standing.
- If an athlete is expelled or eliminated from the US Ski Team, the tuition credit will be retracted at the end of that particular semester.
What does the Tuition Grant Cover?
The tuition-grant program will cover the full cost of tuition related to their studies, for up to 16 credits per semester for undergraduate students (for more information on graduate programs, please contact your US Ski and Snowboard representative and/or James Kendall at firstname.lastname@example.org).
Students will be individually responsible to pay for:
- The application fee
- Tuition deposit
- Student fees (activity fee, technology fee, health and wellness fee, etc.)
- Lab and/or workshop fees
- Room and board, if desired
- Books or materials required for class
- Personal expenses
- Travel costs if required as a part of a course (i.e. May Term courses)
- Flight training costs, if enrolled in Westminster's Aviation program.
Students should submit their application according to the following deadlines:
Deadline for completed application: November 17, 2017
Deadline for completed application: March 23, 2018
Deadline for completed application: July 7, 2018
Contact James Kendall, email@example.com, for more information.
To apply to Westminster College, please complete the Westminster College undergraduate or graduateapplication along with the tuition grant application.
Please mail all materials and official transcripts to:
Director, START Center
1840 South 1300 East
Salt Lake City, UT 84105
Mail a copy of the Westminster College/US Ski and Snowboard Tuition Grant application to:
United States Ski and Snowboard Association
Attn: Julie Glusker
Box 100 - 1 Victory Lane
Park City, Utah 84060
Cell Phone: 435.714.2970