International Exchange Students
International Exchange Students
The college accepts and enrolls students from our partner institutions who are citizens of countries other than the United States for exchange programs. Full-time international exchange students are issued DS-2019 forms to enable them to apply for the J-1 exchange student visas. Exchange students from the following partner institutions may apply using the exchange student application:
Donghua University, China (undergraduates and MBA students from the Glorious Sun School of Business)
Nankai University, China (undergraduates from the School of Economics)
Universidad Argentina de la Empresa, Argentina (UADE)
Universidad de Piura, Peru (UDEP)
Pontifica Universidad Catolica Argentina (UCA)
HTW des Saarlandes, Germany
ISEP students should contact the ISEP Coordinator at the home school and use the ISEP application
Exchange students must submit the following materials to the Director of Student International Services:
1. Exchange student application for admission (application fee is waived).
2. Nomination letter from an academic advisor, professor, dean, or exchange coordinator at the partner institution.
3. Official transcripts showing all coursework completed and in progress at the partner institution. All transcripts must be submitted with an official English translation.Evidence of adequate financial support to cover the total cost of attendance for the duration of the exchange (one or two semesters). This most commonly comes in the form of a certified bank statement or bank letter.
4. Statement of Financial Responsibility completed by the student and/or financial guarantor.
5. Exchange students who are non-native speakers of English must submit results of a standardized English language test. Students whose primary and secondary education took place in one of the countries: Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand, the United States. Exchange applicants who graduated from an English-speaking high school may be exempt from this requirement. Westminster College accepts scores from TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearsons. The required scores for undergraduate admission include one of the following:
TOEFL ibt: 79
TOEFL pbt: 550
Exchange students who have attended another college or university in the U. S. and have completed a minimum of 15 academic credits may not need to present a TOEFL score.
6. Photocopy of the identification page of the applicant’s passport.
All materials submitted to the Office of Admissions become the property of the college and cannot be returned to the student or sent to another school. If the student’s school or ministry of education issues only one copy of secondary school grades or examination scores, the Office of Admissions will make a certified copy and return the original to the student; however, in all cases copies must be made from originals. Duplicated copies will not be accepted.
Once all required documentation has been received and the student has been accepted for admission, a Form DS-2019 will be sent to the student.
October 15 for Spring Semester (January-April)
April 1 for Fall Semester (August – December)