Westminster’s Alumni Mentoring Program
AMP is designed to foster the personal and professional growth of Westminster undergraduate students through individual mentorship with qualified alumni mentors, and peer group discussions facilitated by Westminster Alumni.
AMP members will have individual mentoring opportunities between various alumni and students, students will meet/connect with their mentors at least twice per month throughout the academic year, as well as “Saturday Sessions” with all AMP students. These facilitated Saturday Sessions have four aspects: a check-in/update/brainstorming session on everyone’s mentoring relationships, an alumni speaker who discusses the tough choices, successes and failures in their life, a Q&A session, followed by a themed activity.
Apply to AMP
Completed application are due Monday, March 27, at 5:00 p.m.
Get the Application
What We're Looking for in an AMP Student
- Firm commitment to meet with mentor at least once per month, for at least two hours
- Resolve to be dedicated to AMP from beginning to end—August–April
- Willingness to initiate contact with your mentor
- Willingness and ability to approach mentoring with an open-mind
- Desire to improve yourself both personally and professionally
- Dedication to work toward professional goals with the help of your mentor
- If you have any questions about applying for the AMP program please visit or call the Coaching & Mentoring Center (Converse 201) at 801.832.2551.
What Students Say About AMP
“By participating in AMP, I have been able step back and better evaluate my life. AMP has helped me discover who I am, what is truly important to me, has helped me prioritize my time to meet my long-term aspirations.”
“I learned and gained many things from AMP this year. I think I grew as an individual and became a more confident communicator in-group setting. This program has offered me a social outlet that I hadn't had prior to this experience at Westminster. I think that AMP offers individuals the opportunity to prepare for the 'real world' by advancing personally. This will give me the skills and abilities to apply myself in the workplace with a better understanding of my end goals and just how I define success.”
“This program sets students up to be successful and assists them in better understanding their goals, strengths and aspirations. AMP is an opportunity to develop personally while preparing to strive for your professional goals.”
What we’re looking for in an Alumni Mentor
- Firm commitment to meet with mentee at least once per month, for at least two hours
- Firm commitment to promptly return all emails and phone calls from mentee.
- Willingness to develop a strong relationship with mentee, deeper than surface issues
- Ability to be friends with your mentee
- Willingness to listen to your mentee with an open mind and still be honest with him/her/li>
- Willingness and ability to spend some of your own money on mentee for things such as picking up a lunch tab, buying a drink, etc.
- Ability to set goals and implement steps to achieve them with your mentee
- Resolve to be dedicated to AMP from beginning to end
Alumni interested in being an AMP mentor, please email your resume and contact information to the Alumni Relations Office at email@example.com.