Next Course Dates
- $250 for public
- $200 for Westminster community and graduates of a WMTC WFR through Westminster who are seeking recertification
This course is a Wilderness First Aid course that also serves as a Wilderness First Responder (WFR) Recertification through the Wilderness Medicine Training Center and is the Hybrid DLP format. We offer a Wilderness First Responder course every spring. There is no academic credit option for this course.
Hybrid DLP Wilderness First Aid Course Description
Hybrid DLP Wilderness First Responder Recertification Course Description
Preparing for the Course
- Send Tiana White your completed Course Agreement Form as soon as possible after registering.
- If re-certifying your WFR, send Tiana White a copy or photo of your current WFR Certification ASAP after registering.
- Complete Pre-Course Online Tests by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, November 13th (don't procrastinate—the tests are challenging!) Remember that the test is designed to help you learn. Please contact Tiana White 801.832.2861 if you would like help with the tests. You'll need to check your email for the testing website and password to login.
- Watch the required online videos on the WMTC WFA course website or the WMTC WFR Recertification course website (depending on your certification level.) Use the pulldown menus at the top of that page. All of the videos will be helpful, the ones with a "." in front of the titles are required.
- Prepare Ann’s Case Study Assignment and bring your completed SOAP note on the case study to the practical session. You'll find instructions on what to do and a link to the case study on the WMTC WFA course website or the WMTC WFR Recertification course website (depending on your certification level).
- Make your T-Shirt roll and bring it with you to the practical session. Watch the video on this page to see how it's done.
- Read through the WFA Course Syllabus in detail and gather all pre-course materials.
During the Course
- The Syllabus gives a great overview of the schedule during the course.
- We will meet at Westminster On the Draw (-2120 South 1300 East, SLC, UT 84106) in the lower level meeting room for the practical session each day. Be prepared to be inside and outside, on the ground, in the rain, etc. Allow a few extra minutes to get there each day. You can park in the parking garage on the west side of the building.
- That the course begins at 8am sharp each day. Late arrivals may be subject to not passing the course. The course ends by 8pm pm on Day 1 because of the evening session. The course will end by 6pm on Day 2. There will be homework on Saturday evening.
- There will be a refrigerator and microwave for you to use should you choose to bring your snacks and meals during the course. Please be prepared to be efficient during breaks so that we can keep on schedule. There are also lots of options for purchasing food nearby.
Contact us at OutdoorProgram@WestminsterCollege.edu if you're interested in enrolling in this course!