Next Course Dates
Nov. 17–18, 2018
This course is a wilderness first aid course that also serves as a hybrid DLP Wilderness First Responder (WFR) recertification through the Wilderness Medicine
Training Center. We also offer a full hybrid DLP Wilderness First Responder course every spring.
How to Enroll and Receive Academic Credit
You must register as you do for your other academic courses—the course number is OEL245B. The course fee will be added to your tuition as a class fee.
How to Enroll Without Receiving Academic Credit
Simply register and pay online.
Hybrid DLP Wilderness First Aid Course Description
Preparing for the Course
- Upon receiving your course confirmation via e-mail, please check all course links and logins to ensure that they work.
- Complete pre-course online tests by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, Nov. 11. Don't procrastinate—the tests are challenging and many people take a couple tries to pass.
- Watch the required online videos on the WMTC WFA course website or the WMTC WFR Recertification course website (depending on your certification level).
- Prepare Ann's Case Study assignment and bring your completed SOAP note on the case study to the practical session. You'll find instructions on what to do
and a link to the case study on the WMTC WFA course website or the WMTC WFR Recertification course website (depending on your certification level).
- Make your t-shirt roll and bring it with you to the practical session.
- Read through the WFA course
syllabus (emailed to you) in detail and gather all pre-course materials.
During the Course
- The syllabus gives a
great overview of the schedule during the course.
- Be prepared to be inside and outside, on the ground, in the rain, etc. Allow a few extra minutes to get there each day. You can park in the parking
garage on the southwest side of the Eccles Health, Wellness, and Athletic Center (HWAC). The course will meet in the Special Events room of HWAC (just as you enter the main doors on the south side of the building near the reception desk).
- The course begins at 8:00 a.m. sharp each day. Late arrivals may be subject to failing the course. The course ends by 8:00 p.m. on day 1 because of
the evening session. The course will end by 6:00 p.m. on day 2. There will be homework on Saturday evening.
- There will be a refrigerator and microwave for you to use should you choose to bring snacks and meals during the course. Please be prepared to be
efficient during breaks so that we can keep on schedule. There are also a lot of options for purchasing food nearby.
Contact email@example.com if you're interested in enrolling in this