Information for 2016 Graduates
For those graduating December 2015, April 2016, May 2016, and Summer 2016
Date: April 30, 2016
Time: 9:45 AM (Graduates must arrive by 9:00 AM)
Location: Maverik Center | 3200 S. Decker Lake Drive (2200 West)
What You Should Know:
- Address changes: Be sure to keep the Registrar informed of any address changes so you can receive up-to-date information.
- Absentia: If you are not able to participate in the ceremony, you must notify the Registrar in writing and verify your address.
- Transcripts: Be sure any transcripts of pre-approved transfer credit, CLEP scores, etc. reach the Registrar's Office by mid-April (if finishing by April 2016) or May 10 (if finishing in May 2016).
- Cap, gown & announcements: Come to the Graduation Fair on XXXX, 2016 anytime between 11 a.m. - 6 p.m. in the Behken Fieldhouse of Eccles HWAC. Here you can purchase announcements, make sure you are cleared for graduation, visit with the Alumni Office and learn about graduate programs. You can also order annoucments and graduation memorabilia online at HJGrad.com Be sure to take the online graduating student survey prior to the Graduation Fair. Please print the final page to bring with you to pick up your cap and gown .
- Ceremony: There is no rehearsal for Commencement. Graduates will receive their information brochure with ceremony details.
- Pronunciation of Your Name at Commencement: Do you have a first or last name that might be difficult to pronounce? Please let us know so that Dean Ferne can practice before the big day! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the phonetic spelling of your name.
- Guests: No tickets are required for the ceremony and you may invite as many guests as you wish. Seating is "first come, first serve." We strongly suggest that you coordinate with your family and friends before the ceremony as to where you will meet at the conclusion of Commencement.
- Parking: Please allow guests enough time to be seated before 9:40 AM, as the processional starts at 9:45 AM.
- Walking disabilities: Graduates for whom walking in the processional may be difficult should contact the Office of Student Life, 801-832-2230, in advance to discuss alternative arrangements. FAMILIES USING WHEELCHAIRS WILL NEED TO ARRIVE EARLY, AS THERE IS LIMITED SEATING TOWARD THE FRONT (additional wheelchair seating is available in the upper level).
- Diplomas: Diplomas will be available for at the Registrar's Office depending on when the student completed their final semester.
- Honors: For Bachelor candidates, please contact the Registrar's Office with questions.
- Graduating Student survey: Take the online graduate survey and tell us about your educational experience at Westminster. Your input is important, so complete the survey before the Graduation Fair. Please print off the last verification page to bring to cap/gown distribution.
- Good Standing Accounts: Your cap, gown and diploma will be released only if your account with the college is in good standing. Be sure all library, accounting, and parking holds are cleared. Also, please remember to complete a loan exit interview before the cap and gown distribution process.