Sustainability in Action
Funded by the GeoFamily Foundation, this program helps students design and implement projects that promote increased sustainability awareness and action in our community. These paid positions provide students the structure, mentorship, and funding needed to turn their ideas and passion into real, targeted sustainability solutions.
2015-2016 applications are due April 15, 2015. Click here for application form.
Learn more at the March Environmental Studies Green Tea: Thursday, March 19th at 4:30 in the Enviro Center.
Project Submission Requirements:
**Please complete the information below and submit all materials electronically to Kerry Case, Environmental Center Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student ID#:__________________________ Phone Number:__________________________
Name of your project:__________________________________________________
Faculty/Staff mentor name: _________________________________________________
Faculty/Staff mentor signature:_____________________________________________
Name of Community Partner:________________________________________________
Name/Title of Contact Person:_________________________________________________
Signature of Community Partner:_____________________________________________
Community Partner’s Phone Number: _________________________________________
Community Partner’s Email: _______________________________________________
Do you have another job on campus? ______________________
Please address the following in your 3 page project description:
1. About you: Please describe your past experience working on environmental issues and/or service and what relevant skills you bring to this project.
2. Project description: What do you plan to do?
3. Need: Please define the community need/sustainability issue your project will address. What needs to be done?
4. Population. Who will benefit from this project? How? Will other students/Westminster community members be involved? If so, how?
5. Timeline: What is the time frame for your project?
6. Budget: Please provide a detailed budget. Up to $1,200 is available per project.
7. Outcomes: What will be the end result of your project? How will your project affect the community members and problems? Please choose at least one college-wide learning goal that you think your work on this project will address.