Bill and Vieve Gore School of Business
Two-Year Program (With Locked Tuition Up to Five Years)
An MBA in Technology Commercialization is an important tool to enter the competitive business market.Through a combination of technology-specific and business management classes, you will achieve the MBA skill-set, with an added expertise in technology. You will be able to direct products and project developments, learn about intellectual property law and strategy, finance technology, and manage a technological team.
Who It's For
The MBATC degree is designed for the engineer, scientist, or technologist who needs more education and experience in the management of the firm. Learning is greatly enhanced when students are actively involved; we're looking for you to bring your experience and commitment. Westminster greatly values your work experience because it brings context to the classroom and heightens learning, your experience is a valuable guide to your ability to complete an MBA Technology Commercialization degree.
- Highly customizable
- Interdisciplinary: you won't learn about finance or marketing by itself; instead, you'll understand finance and marketing in relation to how they work with other functional parts of business to achieve overall firm strategy.
- Professional and personal skill sets: while you are building analytical tools in the financial aspects of the firm, you are also learning to augment your personal skill sets in leadership, critical thinking, networking, professional communication, and a long list of others.
- Not lock-step: you can take courses as you are able, as long as prerequisites are met. We have three full semesters in a year, with all core courses available in each semester.
- Balance: between theoretical preparation and practical application. When you leave our program, you understand the theoretical principles and you have experience in applying them to business problems.
- Access: workshops, seminars, networking events with alumni and business leaders, campus events and more. And it doesn't stop when you graduate. Your participation in all of these opportunities does not cost you extra.
- Preparatory business opportunities: these self-paced materials are available to you as part of the overall program cost.
- Fixed price model: all class materials, fees, and even a required 10 trip international trip are included in the fixed price.
How Long it Takes
Many students can complete the program between 2 to 3 years; however, this varies with each student's commitment and requirements to complete the program. Our classes are offered evenings and weekends to accommodate your busy schedule. It will take a significant time and energy commitment on your behalf, but the reward will be worth it.