Does your organization need help from a student or team of students in the field of strategic communication? The MSC program is project-based, allowing students to do multiple projects for established organizations, of their choice. In an effort to provide students with great opportunities, we take applications from organizations that can benefit from student and faculty expertise in certain areas of communications. By partnering with organizations, we can offer mutually beneficial results for students and organizations. Students can learn from real-world communication projects and challenges by applying their knowledge and skills. Meanwhile organizations can benefit by applying cutting-edge strategic communication principles to their practices.
Experience providers should be aware of the following items.
- Students are given a semester to complete the work.
- Experience providers should identify at least one liaison that will communicate regularly with students/faculty. He/she will be responsible for providing guidance and feedback. At the beginning of the semester, both students and the liaison will establish detailed communication expectations.
- At the end of the semester, students will be required to deliver a formal presentation to previously identified members of the organization. Details about the presentation will be established at the beginning of the semester.
- If international travel is required by the organization, they will work with a program administrator to arrange the trip and establish specific guidelines.
- As experience provider needs change, applications can be resubmitted.
- Applications are reviewed each semester. If an organization is not selected, their application will be kept on file and reviewed in future semesters.
- We cannot guarantee that all applying organizations will be selected.
Experience Provider Application