- Be eligible to receive a $2,800 stipend for the summer research project.
- Establish a relationship with a faculty mentor for ongoing academic advising and assistance developing an academic plan.
- Establish a relationship with a research mentor for guidance through the research project and an introduction to your academic discipline.
- Receive support services including: academic seminars, individual surveys and assessments, tutoring services as needed, GRE preparation.
- Opportunities to visit graduate school programs.**
- Opportunities to attend local, regional, and national conferences to present research.**
- Receive financial education and counseling including: individual financial counseling services, a money management seminar, and a seminar on graduate and doctoral program funding alternatives.
- Receive personal support services including: individualized technology/computer/library assistance, career counseling, academic career planning, and a peer support system.
- Receive assistance applying to graduate schools.
- Receive assistance applying for financial aid.
- Application fee waivers from participating graduate schools.
- Be eligible for GRE test fee waivers.
- Free summer tuition at Westminster College.
- Eligible Westminster McNair Scholars may also receive financial aid packages totalling 100% of tuition.***
** Travel funds are contingent upon program participation and are granted at the discretion of the director.
*** Funds are distributed at the discretion of the Financial Aid office. The McNair Program has no control of these funds.