About the Program
Westminster offers a BA degree for students who want to become leaders of arts administration. You will use professional business concepts to manage the multiple levels of logistics needed to manage everything from a small art gallery to a regional theatre. Through teamwork and communication, you will learn how to administer both the financial and creative components of an arts organization.
What You'll Learn
- Develop the administrative, writing, and editing skills necessary for a variety of careers in the arts community.
- Develop the ability to effectively present skills, interests, accomplishments, and abilities to prospective employers or clients.
- Demonstrate the attitudes, skills, and techniques essential to working as a team member and/or leader.
- Develop a fundamental understanding of business practices.
- Develop an understanding of the fundamentals of nonprofit organizations.
- Gain hands-on business experience with professionals from multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrate fluency and competency regarding the use of digital media.
- Understand how to harvest the power of the arts to create community.
Plan of Study
Arts administration requires you to take a range of business and communication courses to make sure you are getting the most out of your degree. You will further pursue your areas of interest through accounting, communication, management, marketing electives, and a minor of your choice.
Liberal Education Courses
You must complete the WCore program or join the Honors College (and complete requirements) to fulfill your liberal education credits.
Experience business communication, development, analysis, and decision-making in a classroom environment that simulates real-world scenarios. This course introduces you to effective communication in business and other organizational settings.
Principles of Public Relations
This class presents methods for establishing and maintaining communication between an organization and its public. Learn about strategic planning, writing and editing, research procedures, and more.
Business Law and Ethics
Discuss current legal problems confronting businesses and the legal considerations behind them. This course will introduce you to the US legal system at the same time you explore the ethical implications of business decisions and how to make them.